Our most frequently asked questions
Do you have to sign a waiver to enter the 13th Door?
- No, you don’t need to sign anything to enter the Haunted House. Just be prepared to be very Scared!
Are the Actors allowed to touch you?
- We don’ t try to touch people. If you run into an actor they might touch you in an attempt to not get hurt by you. (Their eyes have adjusted to the dark, yours haven’t) We want to scare you, not hurt you or be hurt by you.
How long does it take to go through the Haunted House?
- 15-20 minutes, depending on how fast you can run!
Is the 13th Door really Scary?
- It is definitely SCARY. We had someone break one of our glass windows because they were so scared. They acted real tough when they went in, but our talented actors took care of THAT misconception. Thankfully, no one got hurt – except the window.
Is there an “age recommendation” for the 13th Door?
- A. Age is really a bad indicator of “readiness” for a haunted house. If you have a young child that is afraid of the dark, then they aren’t going to like being in any haunted house. Some kids as young as 5 really enjoy the experience. There are those who are in their 20′s who have a hard time making it through because they are so scared. Ask yourself this question: Is my kid OK with getting scared? If the answer is now, please don’t bring them. We scare everyone – your kid will not be an exception. If ANYONE is too scared, the actors will escort you to the nearest exit. We will scare anyone…no matter how old or young they are. We are there to scare you…it’s kind of what we do.
Do you offer group discounts?
- A. Yes. For groups of 10 or more there is a discount. Groups of 10 or more get $1.00 off per person Friday and Saturdays, $2.00 off Sunday-Thursday. The tickets must be purchased by one person for the whole group. Go to the “Tickets” page for more details or call 303-HAUNTED (428-6833) if you have questions.
Is the 13th Door haunted house ADA accessible?
- The 13th Door and Curse of Slaughterhouse Gulch are both ADA compliant. The 13th Door is accessible for the handicapped, but if you are in a wheelchair, there are a few spots require a bit of backtracking to make it through.. There are steps and slanted rooms that make it a real challenge, but we will always have someone on hand to help you negotiate through the house.
How old do you have to be to work at the Haunted Houses?
- We accept applications for anyone 16 and older. (If you are 16 & 17) you do need to have a parent or guardian co-sign your employment contract. If you are 14 or 15 we have Volunteer positions available, again a parent or guardian signature is required. We have applications for employment available online and we usually have a meeting the first part of September. If you have any questions or need more information, please contact KathE at 303-HAUNTED (428-6833).